Thursday, August 13, 2009

97/365 - Living Color

I've been really itching to paint lately. I lied, I've been dying to paint lately. I've also been in a super artsy mood too. I've been buying and matting and framing a bunch of pictures of mine and have been looking for inspiration for something to paint. I found my inspiration yesterday and went to Michael's to buy supplies. I did most of my outlining last night, then finished the outlining and did all of the painting today. Overall, I'd say it took me about 4 or 5 hours, which isn't too bad. I've only done 3 paintings and this one is by far my favorite. It's three separate 18x24 canvases, but it's one big picture. I've always wanted to do something like this and I'm super happy with how it turned out. Painting is one of those things I don't get to do very often, but when I do get the time and money, I'm never let down. I really should look into selling some of my work... be it photography or paintings. You never know what might come of it...



97/365
My apartment - Fayetteville, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment