Thursday, October 29, 2009

174/365 - Prayers

Today was a very reflective day for me. I was talking with my sister on the phone about a friend we both went to elementary and high school with who had been in a really bad car accident back in June. She suffered severe head trauma and is still recovering. There was a marathon in Grand Rapids and a ton of people from school and others who know her or the family were involved and I was looking through pictures and it just got me thinking.

There are so many things to be thankful for in this life. I believe each of us has a gift that we were given to share with others. It may be a talent such as writing or playing music. Maybe it's making others feel good about themselves. Maybe it's the gift of a smile or empathy. No matter the gift, I think it's important to share our gifts with others. Now I wouldn't exactly consider myself the most religious person I know, but I have discovered what my gift is and I try to share it with others every day. Life is too short to be anything but happy and we need to look to each other for sunshine to brighten our days. We also need to take the sunshine we have been given and share it with others. I try to do this every day. You never know what huge impact a little smile can do...

I love you. Pass it on.



174/365
Fayetteville, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment