Friday, November 6, 2009

182/365 - First Grade Fun

Today was a fun day! Our story this week in reading was about ice cream so I decided to let the kids who earned it make ice cream in a bag today. I had 10 kids make the ice cream and it was a big hit. The other 6 kids who were there got to write sentences... "I will listen the first time." Surprisingly none of them threw a tantrum. Maybe next time they will stop screwing around and focus.

I've been reading Magic Tree House books and right now I'm reading Dawn of the Dinosaur. I was at a part where the kids had spotted a dinosaur and were hiding, so I crouched down behind a chair and started whispering the story because I was hiding. Then I told the kids to hide too before the dinosaur found them and they all scrambled under their seats. It was cute. First grade is wonderful!



182/365
Rockfish Hoke Elementary - Raeford, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment