Tuesday, December 8, 2009

214/365 - Temporary Cure-Alls

Tonight I went with Sally to help her pick out a laptop for her husband for Christmas. We look around at Best Buy for a while and finally settle on one. After about an hour we are out of the store. Since it was still kind of early, she asked me if there was anywhere else that I wanted to go. Michael's was just across the street and I needed canning jars for my Christmas presents, we decided to stop there. We were inside for about 20 minutes and headed back to the car. Someone has broken her back window and stolen the brand new laptop right out of her car. I can't believe it happened and it really disgusts me that some people have no morals at all. I just don't understand how people can do something like that. At all, let alone at Christmas. We called her insurance and the cops to file a police report and I got some duct tape and a garbage back to try to cover the window. Oh, did I mention it was raining and tape doesn't work well if it's wet? After a bit, we are somewhat fixed and on our way to drop me off. It's about 10:00 at this point. Not long after I got home, Eileen called me rather upset so I told her I was just going to come over. I passed Sally's house on the way so I kidnapped her and said she could come to our pity party. When we got to Eileen's I made them both hot chocolate with marshmallows and extra creamy cool whip. (Sidenote: there is now Dark Chocolate hot cocoa. I will never drink milk chocolate again. The dark chocolate is much better!) We hung out for a bit and finally decided we should get some sleep since it was a school night and all.

Duct tape and hot cocoa: temporary fixes to life's little problems.



214/365
My apartment - Fayetteville, NC

1 comment:

  1. Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but as soon as I'm done with the milk chocolate cocoa I have now, I'm switching too. Which is weird, since I hate dark chocolate.....anyway, thanks for coming over that night!
    ~Leen

    Ok, so I've had some pretty weird word verifications, but this time it was "uniroo" and that's just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete