Tuesday, December 29, 2009

235/365 - Standing Solo

I spent my last day in Michigan visiting with friends and family. I made a special trip to Grand Rapids at the last minute to get Eileen some of the black cursive words that I have that are hard to come across. I invited Molly and Arianna to go with me so we could hang out a bit before I headed back down south. When I got back into town, I visited with Allison and the kids for a few then went over to my grandparents' house to go shoot pictures out back. It was finally a sunny day so I'm glad I was able to go. It's beautiful back there and I wish there was more snow, but I got some good shots. For some reason, this picture stuck out to me the most. It always catches my eye to see a single tree.

Solitude can be a very powerful thing. So many of us are ridiculously and completely dependent that we forget how to function alone. Be it on coffee, a friend, chocolate, or whatever guilty pleasure we might have, sometimes it's good to step back and give life a break. Being able to do things independently is incredible and it's good to take a break every once in a while and just have "me" time. When is the last time you were able to do that?



235/365
My grandparent's house - Lansing, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment