Sunday, June 7, 2009

30/365 - I've Got Peeps

This is Diego and Arianna. They are pretty much my favorite kids in the world. I met them last summer at the YMCA when I was a camp counselor. We didn't really start playing together and hanging out until much later in the summer, but even throughout my 9 months of living in Hawaii, we kept in touch which made me happy. We wrote letters back and forth, mailed other things, and video chatted (once the technology was there halfway through my time away.) Of all of my friends and family who have been so excited to see me and have me back home in Michigan, these two take the cake with being the most excited. Every time I'd be video chatting with Allison (their mom) and they'd notice, they would literally scream JENNI and it was so cute. If we were on the phone together and they found out it was me... same thing. I am going to be spending a lot of time with them this summer and I am really looking forward to it. This picture needs an explanation. I picked up their mom to come short shopping with me for camp. They find out I'm in the driveway and tear out of the house. We tell them they can't come and they cling to my car and tell me they aren't letting go, even if I drive away. I decide this would be a perfect opportunity to snap some pictures which they eventually started posing for. I love them! I love how happy they are to see me and to spend time with me and I love that it's mutual! I'm fairly certain that this is NOT the first time you will see these two appear in my blog. Here's to the start of a wonderful summer with DJ and Ari.


30/365
The Salinas' House - Lansing, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment