Friday, June 12, 2009

35/365 - Skyward

I met up with Karen for dinner in Ionia today, just like we did every Wednesday last summer. I haven't seen her in a few months but it feels like I was never gone at all. My mom's made the comment a few times... "It's like you never left, isn't it?" and I wholeheartedly agree. It's weird to think I was 4,500 miles away, living in Hawaii, for 9 months, yet it really does feel like I never left (minus all of the damn unpacking, that is!) It was so wonderful to see Karen. We grabbed dinner at Olivera's, our favorite place ever, and then wandered around downtown Ionia and chatted. She is one of the easiest people to talk to and I love her for that. We've only known each other for not even 2 years and she and I have grown so close. I'm glad that our friendship extended past Alternative Breaks, which many unfortunately do not. Karen is one of those people I can go a long period of time without talking to and we'll pick right up where we left off. That is a sign of true friendship.


35/365
Ionia, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment