Tuesday, May 19, 2009

11/365 - Reflections


There is something about reflections that has always appealed to me. Being able to see something through that means is a really cool way to look at the world. When you look in the mirror, have you ever stopped to think that no one else sees you in this way except yourself. A mirror image is exactly that, a reverse of the original. We use a mirror in a way to function as our eyes so we can see what we look like. We are the only people in the world who can see us in that way. How our friends see us and how pictures capture us are how the rest of the world sees us. I don't know why I find that so interesting, but it's weird to think that when I'm looking at myself in a mirror, I am the only person who truly can see myself in this form. Of course if someone was looking in the mirror too, they would get the general "backwards" shot, but it's still pretty cool. I think there are so many people who look in the mirror and don't like what they see. All of it, some of it, or even tiny, minuscule details that no one else would ever notice. I think the secret to life and self-happiness is being able to look yourself square in the eye and be in love with what you see. How can anyone love you if you don't love yourself first?



11/365
White Plains - Kalaeloa, HI

No comments:

Post a Comment