Sunday, May 10, 2009

2/365 - Paintbrush Strokes Across the Sky

Having the day off today and without access to a car, I had to be a little more creative with my thinking. I didn't really do much today besides go for a walk, but the pictures I took from it were mediocre. It was pretty cloudy so the lighting wasn't all that spectacular either. Nothing really popped at me.

As I was running last night, the sunset was brilliant and the sky was just bright orange. Sunsets like that are rare but I really wish I had my camera for it, but oh well. So tonight, as the 7:00 hour was creeping up, I decided to go walk to the spot where the sunset could be seen fairly well. When I got there, it wasn't anything special so I started walking back home. The coloring of this picture is pretty cool. Most things are dark except for the sky, which was decently colored, but I've seen better. I am standing in the middle of the road Kaulawaha, which dead ends directly into my driveway. I decided to enhance this picture a little bit with Photshop. The colors pop a bit more and the vignette helps too. I also decided to add the mosaic look (which I think makes it appear that I took the picture from behind a screen.) Either way it looks cool! Not the best picture, but I have 363 more opportunities! :o)


2/365
Kaulawaha Rd. - Waianae, HI

1 comment:

  1. Jenni, good luck with the project. I had a similar idea about a year ago where I was *either* going to post a picture or a piece of creative writing each day ... but they my company was sold and my attention's been wrapped around my employment future. Anyhow, I'd like to recommend you add the "Followers" gadget in your Blogger layout. Regardless, good luck. I'll check back.

    ReplyDelete