Thursday, May 21, 2009

13/365 - Easy Living

Life. It can either be simple or complicated. I think a lot of this depends on the person and what they make of the life they live. Some people thrive off busy, complicated lifestyles, where others tend to simplify everything and take things one day at a time. There is always going to be drama, but it usually comes and goes. I try to keep things simple, yet it isn't always easy. I try to take things one day at a time; I try not to stress about things that aren't a big deal; I try to let things go instead of reacting to them; I try to live as peacefully as I can. I know what relaxes me and what calms me down and I incorporate these things into my life every day. Listening to music, reading, running, often times writing. These things are how I relax and how I keep things simple. Music has always been my escape. It's so easy to disappear into a song and let it take over your thoughts. The same goes with a book. And when I run, I don't think at all really. Running clears my mind as I try to focus just on my breathing and the rhythm of my footsteps. And writing, oh man writing takes me to a whole other place. I tend to write when I'm upset, but it is when I am in these moods that I am able to produce the most beautiful poetry. Life is too short to be anything but happy so why waste all the time and energy on the things that don't matter?


13/365
Hawaiian Waters - Kapolei, HI

No comments:

Post a Comment