Saturday, May 9, 2009

1/365 - Itty Bitty

As I woke up this morning, I almost immediately remembered that today was day one of Project 365: Jenni Clark Edition. I thought of all of the things Ryan and I could do today that I could potentially capture my single photograph from. When I picked him up this morning, I was looking at everything a little more closely than normal, but didn't see anything that I particularly wanted to capture. I decided to take him to Pokai Bay, where we went early another day several months ago and I got the awesome picture of the palm tree shadow and the ocean. I thought maybe I could capture another shot there. So we went, and I took a few, and we went on with our day. A few other things happened that I ran to grab my camera for, and I did get some cute pictures, but they weren't the one. We ran a few errands and as we were almost back to the house, I saw an older guy sitting in a parking lot holding onto a giant collection of balloons to sell for Mother's Day. (In Waianae, whenever there is any sort of holiday, people set up tents on the side of the road all over the place and sell things that are pertinent for whatever holiday is approaching.) It was just so funny, it made me think of the movie UP that is coming out. It was one guy with his right hand in the air holding onto about 40 giant balloons. He was sitting in a fold-up metal chair and just sitting there. As I drove by, I thought "MAN that would have been a GREAT picture" but I was driving and it just wasn't going to happen. I could have stopped, but I figured that it wasn't meant to be.

So Ryan and I get back to the house to make lunch and I'm in the kitchen and he's wandering around the apartment. I walk to my room and he is trying to put my shoes on, which I thought was adorable. I grabbed the camera and snapped a few shots of his attempt. Once I was done laughing at him for being goofy, I looked through the pictures I had taken. When I saw one of them, I knew that it was my picture for the day, no contest. I'm going to try to make my pictures unique... not just people's faces and straight shots of places. I like how this one is just legs and feet and I think it's a perfect start for my Project 365.

Feel free to comment!



1/365
Jade St. - Waianae, HI

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni... I'm Ashley Mc's aunt... she thought this was a cool idea, and challenged me to do it too... so here I am!

    This is a cute one! I start tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete