Monday, May 11, 2009

3/365 - Reach for the Sky

I don't know what it is, but I have always had a thing for trees. I have always loved to climb them. I love the adventure they bring as well as the views from the branches (which, of course, depends on how high you are daring to go.) I love the uniqueness of each tree... how the branches form, how the roots spread out and take over anything that is in their way. I love how trees offer protection. I have always wanted a tree house and used to spend my summers drawing plans for one to build at my grandparents. While that never happened, I vow to one day have a treehouse for my children or even grandchildren. Tree houses are great places to have fun with your friends, a wonderful hideout of you want to escape, or they just function as a home away from home, a place to be yourself. I love watching the death and rebirth of trees every year. I love how each tree tells its own story. My favorite thing is standing on the ground at the trunk of the tree and looking up. That being said, here is today's picture of the day!


3/365
Makaha Elementary - Waianae, HI

No comments:

Post a Comment