Tuesday, May 12, 2009

4/365 - Rustic Treasures

I took some good pictures today and I had in my mind all day which one I wanted to represent the day, but when I was looking through them all on my computer, I decided to change my mind. I chose this picture to remind me of the area I live in right now. The houses are small, and filled with way more people than I think they are meant for, the yards are mostly trashed, homeless people live in tents on the beaches... a lot of this is hard to see and even harder to explain. Living in Waianae was a small culture shock to me. It's a rough area, one that keeps me home and inside after dark, and cautious if I'm alone anywhere. Living here has made me realize how lucky my upbringing was. Sure, to many, Hawaii is paradise, and it is, but not ALL of it.


4/365
Kaulaili Rd. - Waianae, HI

No comments:

Post a Comment